Trade specific technical upgrade training
Trade specific technical upgrade training can be acquired by any training provider. If you have questions if a course meets the definition of “trade specific technical upgrade” training, contact the Supplier Programs & Administration department at 604-777-4513 or email@example.com. Please note: Detailed course outlines may be requested to determine if a course meets the criteria.
Trade specific technical upgrade training must meet the following criteria:
Trade specific technical upgrade training must:
- Be job specific (information taught must be relevant to their certified trade, i.e. paint courses for refinish & refinish prep technicians)
- Increase the level of expertise in the qualified technicians collision repair work.
- Be a recognized product or procedure in the industry.
Material should include some of the following:
- Explanation and identification of new technologies not formerly used in automotive construction.
- Ramifications of damage to these parts (both short and long term).
- Repair solutions for collision damage previously unaddressed in apprentice programs.
- New Repair options for old technologies.
Trade specific upgrade training should assist the Autobody Repairer and/or Refinish technician
- Be able to perform his/her daily work duties more efficiently.
- Be able to perform their role in a safer manner.
- Lessen the possibility of personal injury during repair.
- Reduce the possibility of repair failure prior to the vehicle’s expected life span.
- Limit the repair procedures impact on the environment, during repair and use of vehicle once returned to the road.
Training that does not qualify as “trade specific upgrade training” would include
- Courses that do not require an Autobody Repairer or Refinish technician to perform the operations.
- Management procedures.
- Estimating procedures.
- Cycle time reduction.
- New vehicle technology information not including repair procedures or processes.
- Spray booth maintenance.
- Window tinting.
- Stereo installation.
If you have questions about the tutorial or registration, please contact Supplier Programs & Administration department at 604-777-4513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.