New Vehicle Protection
You love your new car, but can you afford to replace it because of a crash?
After a home, your new car is usually the second-largest purchase you’ll make. You can protect your investment with coverage that will repair or replace it in the event of a crash.
New Vehicle Replacement Plus (NVR+)
New Vehicle Replacement Plus is all about giving you choice and peace of mind, even if you were at fault for the crash.
After a crash
If your vehicle can be repaired, we’ll fix it with unlimited new parts from the original manufacturer, if available.
If your vehicle is written-off…
- You’ll have the choice of:
- replacing it with a new model,
- replacing it with a different vehicle of equal value, or
- taking a cash payout.
- We’ll protect you from depreciation and inflation, so your settlement will cover the full cost of a new vehicle.
- We’ll also reimburse your deductible.
When does a vehicle get written-off?
Normally a vehicle is written-off when it would cost more to repair than what the vehicle is worth.
NVR+ protection lowers the threshold. With this coverage, your vehicle is written-off when the cost to repair exceeds just half of its market value.
- You can get NVR+ protection for any car or truck that weighs less than 5,500kg when fully loaded, as long as the model is from within the last two years.
- Must have coverage with Collision and Comprehensive, or Collision and Specified Perils
To confirm your eligibility and get a quote for NVR+ protection or one of our related coverages, talk to your broker.
If you’re not eligible for NVR+ coverage, your broker can get you set up with an alternative form of coverage. Your broker may recommend Replacement Cost coverage, or Limited Depreciation Endorsement, which offer similar benefits.
Find a broker
Limited Depreciation Endorsement
Limited Depreciation Endorsement coverage is open to many people who may not be eligible for NVR+.
If your vehicle is written off, it provides you with either:
- a new vehicle of the same model year (if available), or
- a payout of the original purchase price (or manufacturer’s suggested retail price at the time of purchase – whichever is less).
If your vehicle can be fixed, repairs will use new parts of similar kind and quality.
Talk to your Autoplan broker about the different coverages and which one is the best option for you.
Why get it? Here are some examples
- Nate was thrilled with his new car, and he made sure he had New Vehicle Replacement Plus coverage — just in case something happened to it. Sure enough, it was in a bad crash less than a year after he bought it. The repair costs would have been just over 50% of what Nate had paid for the new car. But because he purchased NVR+ coverage, his car was written off and he got the full replacement value.
- When Julie bought her new car, she chose Replacement Cost coverage for extra protection. Her car was in a crash, and she was happy to find out her coverage meant the car’s repairs were done with brand-new parts from the original manufacturer.