How to apply and FAQs
Questions about our job application tool or the recruitment process? You’ve come to the right place.
If you don’t find the answer below, please contact us.
Search our jobs now
Edit/update your existing profile
When applying for opportunities, please note that your resume, cover letter and completion of the application questionnaire on our system are the key factors in assessing your application.
How do I apply for a job opportunity?
- Prepare your resume.
- Select ‘Search for Jobs’.
- Click ‘Start’ to view all opportunities. To search by keyword or criteria, specify search criteria and click Start.
- Click the job title link to view the posting description.
- Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application. You’ll first be asked to create a candidate profile that summarizes your skills and experience. If you already have a profile, click ‘Log in’ at the top of the page.
- Attach your resume and cover letter.
- Make note of your login ID and password for future use, as multiple failed login attemps will result in your account being locked.
- For security reasons, your session will time out after 60 minutes of idle time. Please save your changes frequently.
All applications must be received through ICBC.com or Indeed. General resumes are not accepted.
What are the system requirements for your application tool?
The following browsers are currently supported:
- Internet Explorer up to version 11 (excluding EDGE) on Windows 7
- Firefox up to version 46 on Windows 7
- Safari up to version 8 and X on OS X 10.10
- Google Chrome up to version 50 on Windows 7
- Work from a laptop or desktop computer — mobile browsers are not supported
- Use Adobe Reader Version 7.1 or higher
- Turn off your pop up blocker.
Who can I contact if I have technical questions?
If you have any technical questions about your profile, please contact Human Resources.
I saw a job posting on Indeed but don’t see it on your website?
Due to the high volume of applications they receive, job postings for Driver Examiners, Client Services Representatives and Claims Support Assistants are only posted to Indeed. If you’re interested in applying for one of these jobs, submit your application through Indeed and a Recruitment team member will contact you if you meet the job requirements.
The recruitment process
What happens after I submit my application?
You’ll receive an e-mail confirming that we have received your application, and we will contact you if you are shortlisted for a position.
We encourage you to continue to update your profile and check our job postings regularly for positions that match your interests and experience. Please ensure you “release” your profile in order to be considered for other positions as well.
How do I “release” my profile?
- Log in to your profile with your username and password.
- Click on the “Overview and Release” tab.
- Click the “Release Profile” radio button.
- Click “Complete”.
How are candidates selected?
The recruitment process typically includes, but is not limited to: testing, interviews, reference checks, security checks, and education verification.
Profiles and passwords
What if I forget my password?
Use our “Forgot password” application to have it emailed to you. Please do not create a duplicate candidate profile.
How do I delete my profile?
- Log in to your candidate profile with your username and password.
- Select “Delete Registration”.
Please note: Once your profile is deleted, ICBC is unable to consider your candidacy for future job opportunities and you can no longer login with your existing user name.
What will ICBC do with my personal information?
ICBC collects your personal information to assess your suitability as a candidate for current and future job opportunities. We do this in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
By registering to create a candidate profile or applying for a position, you consent to being added to ICBC’s candidate database. Successful applicants’ personal information may be used for ICBC’s human resource programs.
If you have any concerns about the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please email the manager of ICBC Information and Privacy.